Information Security Consultant
Nov 2015 - Present
EonIT, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
• Revise and analyze IT operations and systems, hardware configurations, physical security and operating procedures across organization.
• Configuration & administration of NetGear Switches, NMS and Ubuntu Servers at Telecom Company’s Bausher & Sohar Datacenters.
• Deployed & administering LogPoint SIEM at Oman DataPark.
• Deploy and manage InfoSec Suites especially LogPoint SIEM, Tenable Nessus & Passive Scanner along with Tenable Security Center and Nagios XI & Core NMS.
• Deployment of Security Products including BitDefender Gravity Zone, AhnLab V3 Internet Security and AhnLab TrusGuard Sec FW, managing and providing training.
• Consult and comply with set controls, standards, policies and procedures while carrying out IT activities.
• Search technology and reduce risks in every information security segment.
• Suggest measures to improve IT related procedures, operations, processes and systems throughout organization and clients.
• Accomplish the Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing tasks in official infrastructure as well as projects.
• Suggest and execute latest and best IT technologies, strategies and policies to secure customer’s information assets.
• Implemented ISO IEC 27001-2013 standard along with COBIT 5 in multiple projects including VA/PT of infrastructure including VAPT of the organization’s infrastructure.
• Prepare security program plans and execute IT controls, processes, audit tools, interfaces and utilities for authentication.
• Support and provide consultancy for audit compliance actions.
• Implement periodic, on-demand project audits plus vulnerability analysis.
• Determine compliance through user accounts, application usage, system, file and outside scans.
• Perform independently in team implementing security and privacy engagements.
• Review client networks and applications.
Systems Security / Network Engineer
May 2013 - Nov 2015
Vizteck Solutions, Islamabad, Pakistan
• Configured and administering Atlassian Jira, Jira Agile, Confluence and Bamboo. Nagios NMS, Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor, Cacti Graphing System and notifications.
• Securing network with Nagios Core, Snort IDS, TCP Dump, OSSEC, and Nessus Scanner configured in AllienVault OSSIM SIEM, MS TMG 2010, pfSense with Squid, Snort and nTop addons.
• Deployed and managing Apache Subversion Server, Active Directory and Domain Controller, Microsoft TMG, Bacula Network backup Server, Acronis Backup/Restore for Server ver. 11.5, Cron Jobs, Veem for Virtual Machines.
• Implemented and managing OpenStack system for Cloud Computing and Data storage and monitoring/securing from zero-day vulnerabilities, threats and attacks.
• Scheduled / on-demand penetration testing of web-products, mobile apps developed by programmers, Web-Servers, Database servers to find out 0-day vulnerabilities and resolve them.
• Managing Apache, IIS & NGINX WebServers, Database Servers (MySQL, MariaDB & MS SQL) on local and public servers.
• Keeping up-to date Servers' Operating Systems and softwares installed with latest patches.
• Keeping developers & administration up-to date by sharing latest InfoSec News on Confluence Server and providing latest / best solutions to overcome vulnerabilities.
Network / Security Administrator
Nov 2010 - Apr 2013
National Telecommunication Corporation HQ, Islamabad, Pakistan
• Configured and administered Juniper IDP 800 and SRX 650 Firewalls, Switches: Juniper EX 2200, CISCO 3550/3560 Catalyst, Huawei Quidway S3000, CISCO PIX 525 Firewalls, Panda Gate Defender Integra 9000 Anti-Spam device.
• Deployed and Managed Alien Vault OSSIM (SIEM) with add-ons: Snort, NAGIOS , Nessus and more.
• Server virtualization in VMWare vSphere 5 and managing virtual hosts on Dell 2950, HP Prolient DL380G7, IBM x3650 Servers and IBM SAN Server with load balancing, RAID and High Availability.
• Performing sophisticated penetration examinations for the purpose of ascertaining the technical weaknesses existing in the servers and network devices.
• Identifying efficient measures of sustaining network security at a constant rate.
• Deployed OpenVPN with SSH tunnel in ISP NTC for Remote Access to network with security, Zimbra E-Mail Server, Nagios NMS Server, Cacti Network Graphing System.
• Deployed SugarCRM for ISP Customers Data Records, Trouble Ticketing and Support Services.
• Hourly/Daily backup of Servers, Network devices configs and VMs by Bacula Backup Server, Veeam Availability Suite, Acronis Backup Suite.
Jr. Network Engineer
Sep 2009 - Oct 2010
P.M.A.S. Arid Agriculture Univ. Rawalpindi, Pakistan
• Configuring and Troubleshooting LAN/MAN.
• Configured CISCO 3660 and Juniper M320 Routers, MS ISA Server for Security, MS Active Directory Domain, Zabbix network monitoring System with notification of integrated Splank tool.
• Secured Network by Juniper NetScreen-5200 Firewall from vulnerabilities and attacks.
• Assured network availability at University Campuses, Hostels, Faculty Residence by configuring CISCO and other Wireless Access Points.
• Configured Automated bacukps of all servers by Acronis True Image, Windows Shadow Copy and Norton Backup Suite.
BE - Computer Engineering
Oct 2004 - Dec 2008
BUITEMS Quetta, Pakistan
• CISCO 805 Series Router Simulator